WTH Senior HR Advisor
Company: World Travel Holdings
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 - Dependant on Experience
Contract: 12 Month Maternity Cover (possibility of permanent role)
Hours: 40 per week (Fully Flexible)
Holidays: 20 days per annum plus Bank Holidays
Reporting to: Head of People
About to company
World Travel Holdings UK — the UK division of WTH the world's largest cruise agency -
- Cruise118.com – the UK’s fastest growing cruise retail brand and the home of the award winning Cruise Concierge Service
- SixStarCruises.co.uk – Europe’s largest seller of ultra-luxury cruises
- RiverVoyages.com – the UK’s fastest growing seller of river cruises
Purpose of the role
Reporting to Head of People and forming part of the wider HR team, the role of HR Advisor will operate within a true generalist capacity, responsible for most aspects of HR from administration to advisory and project work. Delivering a proactive and flexible HR service by providing relevant and appropriate HR support to all managers and employees, whilst delivering best practice and ensuring compliance with all company procedures, documented policies and employment legislation.
Role and Responsibilities
- Providing HR advice to Managers across the business, including absence, performance management, disciplinary and grievance matters.
- Coaching and developing Managers.
- Reviewing, updating and managing adherence of HR policies and processes.
- Managing the day to day maintenance of the HR system, producing reports with analysis for senior management
- Assisting Line Managers with effective recruitment and onboarding
- Working with Management and Training teams on induction effectiveness and job profiles
- Co-ordinating and supporting internal Employee Representatives to increase company-wide engagement, feedback and interaction
- Driving employee engagement initiatives
- Administering the employee benefit and incentive schemes
- Preparing and calculating information for the outsourced payroll provider and assisting employees and line managers with payroll queries, including holiday entitlements
- Delivering training to Line Managers on case management and new policies
- Any other reasonable requested task within skill set
Measures of Success
- Increase % result in Best Survey.
- Reduction of retention rates YOY.
- Documents and information accurate and issued in a timely manner.
- PeopleHR up to date
- Effective management of relationships and priorities
- Accuracy of payroll
Skills and Experience
- • Qualified to Level 5 CIPD desirable
- • Minimum of 2 years experience working within an HR function
- • Demonstrable ability to develop effective working relationships with members of the management team and the ability to communicate at different levels within the business
- Organised and professional
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Essential working knowledge of employment legislation and HR procedures and policies
- Ability to contribute to large projects with changing priorities
- Efficient and Reliable
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Must be flexible, punctual and have an excellent work ethic
- Proven experience at working within a constantly changing environment
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org